You don’t need expert knowledge to run payroll in your small or medium business. It’s simple and straightforward.
Why choose Sage 50 Payroll?
It’s easy to comply with UK legislation, keep your employees happy and help your business become more productive with our solution.
Get started quickly and easily
Let Sage 50 Payroll do the hard work for you, no matter your size and complexity. Simple to install and set-up, so even first-time users will be up-and-running quickly and easily.
Our HMRC recognised software ensures you stay up to date and compliant with the latest payroll and pension legislation. With our optional Pensions Module add on, you can automate your workplace pensions duties, saving you hours of time and minimising the risk of errors.
Connect your employee online services
Deliver more for your business with flexible and engaging self-service tools. Enabled through the cloud, employees can access their payslips and submit time-sheet information securely. Increasing productivity and saving your business time.
Count on expert support and advice
Sage 50 Payroll is backed by market-leading support. Relax in the knowledge that you can contact our payroll experts by phone, email or live chat.
Reduce the stress when the pressure is on with Sage 50 Payroll. You can be rest assured you’re always legislatively compliant and in complete control of your payroll processes, with all of the information and tools you need right at your fingertips.
• Download instantly when you buy online
• Straightforward installation
• Easy set-up wizard to get you started
• Simple to use – no need to be, or hire a payroll expert
• “Show me how” videos to guide you through common tasks
• Connect with Microsoft Office by importing your existing data from a CSV file
• Link your payroll software directly to Sage 50 Accounts and Sage 50 HR and transfer your data in a few simple steps
• Payroll Onsite Support is available as a standalone feature
• Create your personalised action plan based on The Pensions Regulator’s best practice, using the pension centre
• Easily set up your pension with Pension’s Fast-Track
• Calculate contributions and understand the cost of Automatic Enrolment to your business
• Optional Pensions Module available (at additional cost)
• HMRC recognised software
• Comply with the very latest legislation for the tax year
• Directly submit PAYE data to HMRC online
• Exchange employee data direct with HMRC online
• Automatically calculate statutory sick, maternity, paternity and adoption pay
• Record student loans and attachment of earnings orders
• Record fixed amount or percentage calculated pension schemes
• Prepare for and manage the impact of the new National Living wage
• Keep records for Class 1A company cars
• Process weekly, two-weekly, four-weekly and monthly payroll
• Choose from a range of payslip layouts
• Print or email payslips to employees
• Automatically calculate payments and deductions
• Calculate and process employee loans
• Record and calculate holiday pay
• Electronically pay employees using e-banking
• Easily calculate your PAYE & NI liability
• Post salary journals to Sage Accounts software
• Set variances in pay or hours and be alerted when these are reached
• Record and calculate Salary Sacrifice deductions such as childcare vouchers and Cycle to Work scheme
• Disciplinary records
• Job and salary history
• Written statements of employment
• Attach documents to employee records
• Easily generate payslips, payment summaries, holiday and absence reports and more.
• Quickly print a range of reports in one batch.
• Save your favourite reports for quick & easy access.
• Analyse data by cost centre and department.
• Create your own reports with the report designer.
• Run statutory reports such as P32, P35, P60 and P11.
• Pay employees straight from your software with Sage Payments*
• Save time and reduce errors by automating processes
• Manage and track payments quickly and conveniently
• Trust that your payments are safe, secure and controlled by authorisation processes and access rights
*Sage Payments is provided by Sage Payments (UK) Ltd which is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (Register Reference: 900180) for the issuing of electronic money
• Automatically send RTI data to HMRC
• RTI Data Health Check tool ensures your data is error-free before you submit it to HMRC
• RTI Centre with help & support when you need it
• Submissions log lets you view and track the status of HMRC submissions
• Send all your submissions to HMRC securely online
• Track forms by status and sender
• Comply with the latest legislation